New Home Buyer
Your 1 to 5 Step by Step Building Guide
1. Liaise with a Metro Builders Design Consultant and complete your desired inclusions, design changes and confirm your final price using your plan or ours. Once completely satisfied, and with your consent we order your building agreement documents to be prepared for your signature.
Some building sites may require preliminary investigations to enable us to provide you with an accurate quotation e.g. contour and soil test reports. We will advise you if this is required.
2. Obtain finance approval for your new home or home and land package from your preferred lender (allow up to 3 weeks).
3. As soon as finance is approved and you have provided an approval letter to Metro Builders we order your working drawings, engineering, soil tests, contours & lodge to council for plumbing and building approval (allow 4 to 8 weeks). Council requires the land to be settled and registered in your name to issue building approval.
4. During this 4 to 8 week building approval period is when you complete your full colour selections. Within one week of you providing finance approval, you will be contacted by one of Metro Builders Colour Consultants to guide you through your full colour selection process. During the colour selection process is the opportunity for you to make any final cosmetic changes to the plans and inclusions.
5. Once we receive your council approved plans and in accordance with our obligations, we will issue a Start Letter confirming construction dates. Metro Builders will commence construction in accordance with your completed colour selections, the building specifications, any variations and your signed plans.